Marley Dry Ridge System with Battens
Being suitable for steep pitches up to 55°, the Marley Ventilated Dry Ridge System remains one of the most simple, aesthetically pleasing and effective means to provide continuous ventilation along the length of the ridge for the removal of stagnant, moist air which would otherwise be trapped in the roof apex.
Correct use of the Marley Ventilated Dry Ridge and Dry Mono-Ridge Systems will meet the requirements of The Building Regulations 1991 as amended, Approved Document F2, The Building Standards (Scotland) Regulations 1990 – 1994 Part G, where appropriate and BS 5250, when fixed in accordance with installation instructions, the system meets the requirements of BS5534: Part 1 for the mechanical fixing of ridge tiles. Certificate No 86/1646 applies to Ventilated Dry Ridge.
Extruded black PVC-u Batten section, 3 metres long, with vacuum formed high impact polystyrene profiled Filler Units and injection moulded PVC-u Ridge Unions and Ridge End Caps. Nails are manufactured from durable aluminium and screws from stainless steel.
The Ventilated Dry Ridge system provides for the ventilation of the roof apex with mechanical fixing of ridge tiles. It is also completely weatherproof and has long proven durability.
When fixed in accordance with installation instructions, the Ventilated Dry Ridge system meets the requirements of BS 5534 : Part 1 for the mechanical fixing of ridge tiles.
The system provides 5,000mm°/lin.m. metre free area ventilation.
Suitable for all duo and mono-pitched roofs of 15° – 55°. The Ventilated Dry Ridge system is fully compatible with Marley Ventilation and Dry Fix products. Combined with either 10mm or 25mm Eaves Ventilation Systems, it provides ventilation to the whole roof.
- Extruded black PVC-u batten section, 3m long, nailed to each side of the ridge apex replacing the top tiling battens. Ventilation slots are located in the top flange of the batten section.
- A full range of vacuum formed high impact polystyrene profiled filler units (300mm cover). Choose vented to allow air flow, or non-vented to prevent access of noxious fumes or gases. Fit this product on the top course of roof tiles.
- Injection moulded PVC-u Ridge Unions with attached rubber seals secure ridge tiles to the batten section. Get unions in three colours; grey, brown and terracotta.
- Ridge End Caps to suit Segmental, Modern and also Segmental Mono-Ridge are manufactured in three colours to match ridge unions.
- Ventilated Dry Ridge utilises the standard Modern and Segmental Ridge profiles. It’s also suitable for Decorative Ridges, Gas Vent, Soil Pipe and Ridge Vent Terminals, adopting the normal fixing procedure and using PVC-u Ridge Unions.
- The ventilated Dry Mono-Ridge is available for use with the Segmental Mono-Ridge tile and is suitable for all concrete tile profiles.